necessity is the mother of invention

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

necessity is the mother of invention

Postby brendaluvsgarth » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:09 pm

For 7 months now, post MLL surgery on my husbands right thigh, we have tried every abdominal binder and wrapping technique to try to secure his bandages using minimal tape. Unfortunately due to the irregular size and shape of his thigh, we could not KEEP anything in place without it falling off almost immediately upon standing. And then it came to me one night in bed..... I tried a strapless girdle my daughter used for prom years ago. Its open on both ends, stretchy yet spandex, stays in place, forms to his leg.......TA DAH!!!! Got it at walmart for around $20. Maybe I didn't cure cancer(or lymphedema) but by goodness I solved a problem for US and maybe someone else could use my tip. This is the part where I find out everyone but else already knew this, right??? LOL
brendaluvsgarth

Re: necessity is the mother of invention

Postby joanne johnson » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:16 am

I am very happy that you came up with a successful solution for your problem. Sometimes the answer is there but you have to think really hard before it comes to you. Congratulations, you did it! Necessity sure is the mother of invention.
joanne johnson

Postby patoco » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 am

Hey Brenda

That is so cool. Sometimes, it's the simple answers that come to us that are really the best.

Thank you so much for sharing the tip with us :!: :!: :)

Pat

BTW A blessed and happy New Year to your family - and to you as well Joanna :D

Pat :mrgreen:
patoco
Site Admin

Postby joanne johnson » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:27 am

Dear Pat,

I also wish you a happy, blessed and healthy new year to you and your family. Thank you for all you do for the Lymphedema People family. You are a true blessing...
joanne johnson

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema